DuraPlus HTC Changes
Date: May 04, 2012
Many of our Canadian customers saw a number of changes to the DuraPlus HTC product line at the HPBA Show in Atlanta this past Spring. We are now ready to introduce these items for sale into Canada. We have listened to our customers and installers over the past couple years as to how to make DuraPlus HTC better and easier to install. We think you will be glad to see these additions and changes. These products are now available for purchase and are in our online catalog and excel price sheets. If you have any questions regarding these items please contact our Canadian Regional Managers Geoff Wilcox (eastern Canada) and Dalton Hooker (western Canada). Information is also available through our Website (www.duravent.com), Customer Service Department and Tech Services Department (800-835-4429).
Please review the parts list below. It will show the new item and what old part it replaces. We will only sell the old items for as long as inventory lasts. Old product can still be used in installations. No returns of old items will be allowed.
1) C9973 Universal Roof Support: The roof support is universal and one part now covers 3 diameters (6”, 7”, 8”). This part will replace the C9073, C9173 and C9273 roof supports.
2) C9074, C9174 and C9174 Adjustable Tee Support: The tee support now offers clearances to the wall of 2” to 7” for 6” diameter and 2” to 6” for 7” and 8” diameters. These parts replace the C9072, C9172 and C9272.
3) C9968 Universal Adjustable Wall Support: The adjustable wall support is universal and one part now covers 3 diameters (6”,7”, 8”). This part replaces C9068, C9168 and C9268.
4) C9960 Universal Elbow Strap: The elbow strap is universal and one part now covers 3 diameters (6”, 7”, 8”). This part replaces C9060, C9160 and C9260.
5) C9962 Universal Extended Roof Bracket: The extended roof bracket is universal and one part now covers 3 diameters (6”, 7”, 8”). This part replaces C9062, C9162 and C9262. There have also been some modifications to this part so it is easier to lock in to position and attach to the roof.
There are some existing support boxes that have been revised to make your installations easier and actually eliminate the need for an attic insulation shield.
1) C9037, C9137 and C9237 Extended Round Ceiling Support: The round ceiling support now comes with an extended cylinder and insulation collar which are used in place of the attic insulation shield. These parts replace the C9045, C9145 and C9245.
2) C9048A, C9148A and C9248A Square Ceiling Support Box: The 11” square ceiling support box has been eliminated. There will no longer be an 11” tall support box offered. You must use either a 24” or 36” tall support box in its place.
3) C9048B, C9148B and C9248B Square Ceiling Support Box: The 24” square ceiling support box now comes with an insulation collar to keep out blown insulation. This allows the support box to be used without an attic insulation shield. This is a product enhancement and there is no new part number. Contact us to get insulation collars to update your old inventory.
4) C9048D, C9148D and C9248D Square Ceiling Support Box: The 36” square ceiling support box now comes with an insulation collar to keep out blown insulation. This allows the support box to be used without an attic insulation shield. This is a product enhancement and there is no new part number. Contact us to get insulation collars to update your old inventory.
5) C9036B and 9036D Reduced Clearance Square Ceiling Support Box: The reduced clearance box has been enhanced to include an insulation collar, allowing the box to be used without an attic insulation shield. There is no part number change this is an enhancement. Contact us to get insulation collars to update your old inventory.
6) C9090 DuraPlus HTC Basic Kit: The HTC basic kit has been updated to include the new C9036B 24” reduced clearance support box. This kit replaces the C9085 kit.
7) C9088 DuraPlus HTC Through the Wall Kit: This kit has been updated to include the new universal adjustable wall supports. There is no new part number.
There are new items to enhance the DuraPlus HTC line that have never been offered before and do not replace any existing part.
1) C9948S Universal Support Box Rails: These have been added to the line to assist in placing the support boxes between rafters.
2) C9979 Re-Support Bracket: This part can be used as either a tee support or wall support.
3) C9978 Extended Wall Support: This part can be used as either a tee or wall support. It gives the installer clearances from the wall of 7” to 14” for 6” diameter and 6”to 13” for 7” and 8” diameters. This allows the installer to work around the edge of the roof without having to use elbows or cutting a hole through the roof on an outside installation.
4) C9947 Universal Oversized Storm Collar: This storm collar is oversized compared to the standard storm collar to give more coverage from rain penetration in maritime areas.
5) C9039 Reduced Clearance Firestop Radiation Shield: This is a firestop radiation shield to work in conjunction with our C9036B and C9036D reduced Clearance Square Support Boxes.
6) C9031, C9131 and C9231 Soffit/Overhang Trim Plate: This trim plate is used on the underside of an eve or soffit where the DuraPlus HTC passes through them.
Please review the cross reference sheet (on back) showing the new part numbers and what old DuraPlus HTC part numbers they replace. All of the old part numbers will be removed from the catalog and price lists effective immediately.