The DuraStack® Models DIS and DAS venting systems are designed to offer the ultimate in installation convenience and versatility for a variety of applications. Certified for commercial chimney as a modular double-wall positive pressure chimney system. Factory built for boiler breeching, engine exhaust, and chimney stack. Grease duct (DIS only) and diesel exhaust applications. Thick-gauge material for the inner pipe and coupling provides a strong and rigid assembly. Self-centering flue design significantly simplifies and accelerates the installation process. Coupling configuration (patent pending) requires only one locking band and the use of a regular, less expensive, high-temperature silicone sealant.
Available in sizes from 5″ to 36″ diameters, the DIS line offers double-wall, 2″ insulated chimneys, and the DAS offers a 2″ air insulated product. For premium corrosion resistance and durability, the inner wall is constructed from .035″ Stainless Steel 304 or 316. This is coupled with a .018″ Stainless Steel 304, 316 or Galvalume® (Aluminum-zinc coated) steel outer wall. The DIS is lined with the highest-quality insulation, densely packed to ensure low heat loss, maximum draft and a 1″ clearance to combustible materials.
5″-36″ DuraStack® Model DIS/DAS is a modular double-wall positive pressure chimney system. Factory built for boiler breeching, engine exhaust, and chimney stack. Grease duct (DIS only)
Materials and Construction
5″-12″ diameter pipe features inner wall options of .035″ 304 or 316 stainless steel. Outer wall options of .018″ 304, 316, or galvalume steel. Features a laser weld interior and exterior joint.
14″-24″ diameter pipe features inner wall options of .035″ 304 or 316 stainless steel. Outer wall options of .018″ 304, 316, or galvalume steel. Features a plasma weld interior joint and a pittsburg lock exterior joint.
26″-36″ diameter pipe features inner wall options of .035″ 304 or 316 stainless steel. Outer wall options of .024″ 304, 316, or galvalume steel. Features plasma weld interior joint and a pittsburg lock exterior joint.
DIS: 2″ clearance for restaurant grease duct and 1″ clearance for building heating appliance chimney and 1400°F factory-built chimney.
DAS: 4″ clearance for building heating appliance chimney and 1400°F factory-built chimney.
UL 103, UL 1978 (DIS only), ULC/ORD C959, ULC S604.
Refer to our Typical Venting Installation drawings to select the appropriate component parts for your installation.
|2||Anchor Plate Ventilated|
|13||Drain Tee Cap|
- The following design recommendations are general guideline to assist in the design and selection of venting components for your installation. Always follow DuraVent Installation instructions enclosed with the cap or support box before installing your chimney system. Installation instructions can be viewed online at www.duravent.com, under Catalogs and Instructions. Important: Check the manufacturer’s rating plate and instruction manual to confirm that the DuraVent direct vent system is approved for use on the brand name appliance you have selected.
- The inner and outer pipe diameters should match the outlet size of the appliance.
- Check the appliance manufacturer’s installation instructions to confirm which types of vent configurations are permitted (i.e. horizontal, vertical, chimney reline, etc.). Also, check for any venting restrictions such as maximum horizontal run, minimum and maximum vertical rise, maximum offset, etc.
- Be fire safe! Maintain at least the minimum clearances (air-space) between the vent pipe and nearby combustibles, as specified in the appliance manufacturer’s installation instructions. Use proper support and bracing. Follow local building codes and have your venting system inspected.
- 2014 DuraStack® Catalog (PDF, 4.1MB)
- DuraStack® Installation Instructions (PDF, 2.7MB)
- DuraStack® Installation Instructions FR (PDF, 3.5MB)
- DuraStack® Sales Sheet (PDF, 413KB)
- Breeching and Chimney Specification-Grease Duct (DIS only) (PDF, 160KB)(Docx,34.6KB)
- Breeching and Chimney Specification-Diesel Engine and Generator Exhaust (PDF, 161KB)(Docx,37.8KB)
- Breeching and Chimney Specification-Building Heating Appliances (PDF, 160KB)(Docx,43.7KB)
- DuraStack® Submittal Record (PDF, 821KB)
- DuraStack® Design and Quote Request Form (PDF, 224KB)
- DuraStack® UL 1978 – Grease Duct Professional Series Submittal (PDF, 3.9MB)
- DuraStack® Half and Full Angle Rings (PDF, 103KB)
- DuraStack® Limited Lifetime Warranty (PDF, 35KB)