All PelletVent Pro® components that come into contact with flue gases are built with an inner wall of corrosion resistant superferritic metal. PelletVent Pro® is engineered with features for a durable, safe and aesthetically pleasing venting system. PelletVent Pro® is a venting system for stoves and inserts that use wood pellets, corn and other biofuels, or oil, as fuel. As a result of DuraVent’s cutting-edge manufacturing process and commitment to innovation, PelletVent Pro® is uncompromised in attention to detail and performance. This perfect fit and finish is made possible with a laser-welded inner and outer wall. Select components are available in black.
PelletVent Pro® is now UL listed for 1″ clearance to combustibles in the USA and in Canada. Its double-wall, air-insulated design offers superior performance. Seams are factory-sealed on all elbows, tees, and fittings. Since the introduction of pellet stoves in the 1980’s, DuraVent is recognized as the industry leader in venting systems for pellet stoves. Today, approximately 3 of every 4 pellet stoves in the US and Canada are vented with a DuraVent pellet system.
PelletVent Pro® is a venting system designed for stoves and inserts that use wood pellets and oil fuel. It is also built to vent biofuel products such as corn, switch grass, cherry pits, soybeans, coffee husks, sunflower hulls, walnut shells and wheat, to name a few. (Rated for continuous use flue temperaftures up to 570°F.)
Materials and Construction
Laser-welded, double-wall pipe with a .012″ inner wall of 444 stainless steel and a .018″ laser-welded galvalume outer wall. Painted black exterior available. Primary metal-to-metal connection seals joint. Encapsulated o-ring provides a secondary seal.
1″ clearance to combustibles in the USA and Canada for appliances using corn and other biofuels, wood pellets or oil.
UL Listed with DuraVent shroud specifications. Information available online at www.duravent.com or call and request L157.
3″ and 4″
c-UL-us Listed to UL 641 (MH8381 and MH14420).
ULC Listed to ULC S609, ULC/ORD C441 (CMH1439 and CMH1440).
Refer to our Typical Venting Installation drawings to select the appropriate component parts for your installation.
- The inner pipe diameter should match the outlet size of the appliance. For installations that require 4″ vent and the appliance has a 3″ outlet, use an Increaser Adapter 3″-4″.
- Check the appliance manufacturer’s installation instructions to confirm which types of vent configurations are permitted (i.e. horizontal, vertical, chimney reline, etc.). Also, check for any venting restrictions such as maximum horizontal run, minimum and maximum vertical rise, maximum offset, etc.
- Be fire safe! Maintain the minimum clearances (air-space) between the vent pipe and nearby combustibles, as specified in the appliance manufacturer’s installation instructions. Use proper support and bracing. Follow local building codes and have your venting system inspected.
More Typical Installations:
|4||Cathedral Ceiling Support Box|
|5||Straight Length Pipe|
|12||Celling Support Firestop Spacer|
|13||Tee w/Clean-Out Tee Cap|
|15||Attic Insulation Shield|
|16||Prairie Termination Cap|
Planning Your Installation:
|1||Refer to the Typical PelletVent Pro Installations diagram, on the opposite page, to be familiar with some of the standard PelletVent Pro installations and the required component parts.|
|2||For a horizontal termination, you will need a Wall Thimble and a Horizontal Cap. The cap must be installed with a 6″ clearance to the outside wall (refer to appliance manufacturer’s installation instructions for other clearances).|
|3||For a vertical termination, you will need a Cathedral Ceiling Support Box or Flat Ceiling Support, Attic Insulation Shield (if passing through an attic), Flashing, Storm Collar, and Vertical Cap.|
|4||Determine the length of PelletVent Pro pipe required. For a vertical termination, measure the pitch of the roof and select the proper flashing. The required minimum height above the roof is 12″.|
|5||Pellet stove inserts in masonry fireplaces will require a flex pipe to snake the vent past the smoke shelf. For transition from PelletVent Pro to an existing DuraPlus, DuraPlus HTC, or DuraTech Chimney, a Chimney Adapter is available.|
|6||For vertical rise of PelletVent Pro on the outside of the house, Wall Straps should be used at 4′ intervals to provide proper support.|
|7||Important! Check to be sure that the appliance and the venting system are in compliance with all minimum clearance to combustible requirements.|
The following design recommendations are a general guideline to assist in the design and selection of venting components for your installation. Always follow DuraVent Installation instructions before installing your chimney system (found with the cap or support box).
- Size the vent to meet the appliance manufacturer’s specifications.
- Avoid long runs and excessive use of elbows. Refer to the appliance manufacturer for minimum rise and maximum run configurations for the venting system.
- Use an Appliance Adapter to ensure a proper connection to appliance. Seal adapter to appliance with high temperature sealant.
- Use a Single Tee with Clean-Out Tee Cap to facilitate easy cleaning. It is recommended to use a tee off the back of an appliance.
- In the United States and Canada, maintain the minimum 1″ clearance (air space) from vent pipe to combustibles. Use proper support and bracing. Follow local building codes and have your venting system inspected. Be fire safe!
- PelletVent Pro® Installation Instructions English
- PelletVent Pro® Installation Instructions French
- PelletVent Pro® Installation Instructions Spanish
- Factory-Built Chimney Relining Supplemental Installation Instructions for PelletVent®
- Two Piece Clean-Out
- PelletVent Pro® Harman Adapters 08-03-2020
- Product Discontinuation Notice 11-25-19
- New PelletVent Pro® Tee 02-28-18
- Nouveau Té et capuchon de té 03-25-18
- Ravelli Adapter for PelletVent Pro® 2015
- Ravelli Tee Adapter for PelletVent Pro® 2015
- Oil Sizing Chart 05-28-17
- Introducing PelletVent Pro® Horizontal Cap 2014
- Black Paint 2014
- PelletVent Pro® Tee Cap 2014
- Updated PelletVent Pro® Quick Release Adapter 2014
- UL Listed, Patent-Pending PelletVent® Relining for Factory-Built Chimneys 2014
- PelletVent Pro® Quick Release Adapter 2012
- PelletVent Pro® Prairie Cap 2012
- Recommended Touch-Up Paint for DuraVent’s Black Finished Products 2011
- Harman Adapter for PelletVent® Pro 2011