PolyPro Flex through B Vent as a Chase. Retrofit venting for new, high-efficiency appliances When replacing a mid-efficiency appliance with a new condensing 90+ appliance, you can use the existing B vent (any brand) as a chase for the new appliance with PolyPro. The perfect solution for utilizing the B Vent already in place, just insert double-wall PolyPro Flex through the B Vent pipe, utilizing the convenient pull cone and terminate the system with PolyPro’s Skyline Vertical Termination Cap. At the other end is the unique B Vent/PolyPro Support Cap, allowing for the connection of flex to rigid PolyPro lengths and elbows to finish the installation.
PolyPro is a polypropylene vent pipe for use with ANSI Category II and IV gas-burning appliances, including highefficiency water heaters, condensing boilers and warm air furnaces. Poly Pro is listed by Intertek to the ULC S636 standard in Canada as a Class IIA, IIB and IIC vent system suitable for exhaust temperatures up to 230°F / 110°C, and a maximum positive pressure of 15 in-w.c.
Materials and Construction
Rigid pipe constructed of 2.2mm (minimum) thick polypropylene. Flex is double-wall polypropylene. EPDM or Viton gaskets.
0″ clearance to combustibles for exhaust temperatures up to 194°F / 90°C, and 0″ clearance for vertical installations up to exhaust temperatures of 230°F / 110°C and ¼” / 6mm clearance to combustibles for horizontal installations at exhaust temperatures up to 230°F / 110°C . PolyPro concentric vent system components, including concentric Horizontal Termination and Vertical Termination, are listed at 0″ clearance to combustibles for exhaust temperatures up to 230°F / 110°C.
2″ (60mm), 3″ (80mm), 4″ (100mm), 5″ (130mm)
Listed with the appliance in the USA, check with appliance manufacturer. Intertek / ETL listed to ULC-S636 Listed as a Class IIA, IIB, and IIC vent system.
Previously the CSA certification trademark was shown in error in conjunction with the PolyPro product – references have been removed.
Refer to our Typical Venting Installation drawings to select the appropriate component parts for your installation.
- PolyPro Catalog (PDF, 8MB)
- PolyPro Flex Installation Instructions (PDF, 2.3MB )
- PolyPro Flex Installation Instructions FR (PDF, 2.2MB )
- PolyPro for Multiple Vents (dual language) (PDF, 472KB )
- PolyPro and PolyPro Flex Venting Systems For High Efficiency Appliances (PDF, 1.3MB )
- PolyPro Sales Sheet (PDF, 1.4MB )
- A Simple and Flexible Solution For Venting Multiple PolyPro Liners (PDF, 884KB )
- DuraVent Approval for Rinnai Boilers (PDF, 131KB )
- PolyPro Flex through B Vent as a Chase (PDF, 4.2MB )
- OEM Appliance Approvals for PolyPro (PDF, 92KB )
- Nordyne Approves PolyPro Single-Wall, Flex and Concentric for Condensing Furnaces (PDF, 88KB )
- QHT approves PolyPro For Biasi Riva Advance Wall Hung Boilers (PDF, 22KB )
- Bock Approves PolyPro Single-Wall, Flex, and Concentric for High-Efficiency Water Heaters (PDF, 84KB )