Type B Gas Vent Systems
Our non-positional lock system on the DuraVent® BV Gas Vent is the best lock system on the market today. The incorporation of the DuraTab® feature simply improves our lock system by adding flexibility and meeting market needs.
The BV line of DuraVent round vent pipe and fittings is designed for use on approved gas appliances in residential and light commercial and industrial applications.
DuraLock® Locking System
Strong, durable galvanized steel outer pipe has internal spacing beads to assure a uniform insulating air space between pipe walls. Each end is die formed to assure uniform sizing for strong, easy to connect joints. In Canada, some lengths are available in galvalume steel outer pipe.
The double wall (pipe within a pipe) construction with its built-in air space, provides permanent insulation and keeps the inner pipe hot and the outer pipe relatively cool. This construction creates quick, strong vent action reducing condensation in the pipe and overheating of nearby enclosure surfaces.
Fully Tested and Listed
DuraVent Model BV and BVO Type B Gas Vent has been tested and listed per UL 441 for installation as Type B and BW gas vents. These can be installed in single and multi-story buildings in accordance with the standards of NFPA 54 and NFPA 211. In Canada, DuraVent Model BV Type B Gas Vent has been tested and listed per CAN/ULC-S605 for installation as Type B and BW gas vents. It can be installed in single and multi-story buildings in accordance with CAN/CSA-B149.1.00.
- 3″-6″ Termination Kits Include: DuraCap, Storm Collar, Adjustable Roof Flashing, Draft Hood Connector
- Lengths sold separately
- 3″-4″ Vertical Heater Kit Includes: 12” & (3) 24” Galvalume Pipe Lengths, 90° Elbow, 4” Diameter Draft Hood Connector, 3” Draft Hood Connector, 3”-4” Increaser, Adjustable Flashing, Storm Collar & DuraCap
- USA Only – 4″ Oval Kit Includes: (2) 24″ Lengths, Oval Base Plate, (2) Ceiling Spacers, Oval-Round Adapter
- 18″ Adjustable Lengths in 3″-6″ diameters
- 12″ & 24″ Lengths in 10″-30″ diameters
- Canada – Additional 24″ Galvalume Length (8BV24C)
- Standard Tee paired with Low Profile Increasers
- Increaser can be installed at the branch or the body
- 3″ – 8″ diameter combinations
Low Profile Increasers
- New space saving length where height restrictions apply.
Universal Male and Female Adapters
- Male Adapter – Used to convert Model GV to Model BV
- Female Adapter – Used to convert Model BV to Model GV
- Available in 3″ – 8″ diameter sizes
Quick Grip Firestops / Supports
- Combination Firestop and Vent Support
- Supports up to 30′ of pipe
- Available in 3″ -6 ” diameter sizes
- Install above a framed opening
DuraConnect I – Expandable Flexible Connectors
- Available in 3″ & 4″ diameters
- Available in 3′ (expandable from 2′ – 3.5′) and 5′ (expandable from 2.5′ – 5′) lengths
- Replaces Single Wall Connectors
- Draft Hood Connector Incorporated
|Item||Clearance - See Note 1||Max Height||Outer Tube Ø||Materials||Locking Device||UL Listing|
|Type B Vent Round 3″-8″ (USA)||1 inch||100 feet||1/2″ larger than ID||Inner – .012″ Aluminum Outer – .018″ Galvanized||DuraLock & DuraTab||MH2848|
|Type B Vent Round 3″-8″ (CAN)||1 inch||100 feet||1/2″ larger than ID||Inner – .012″ Aluminum Outer – .018″ Galvalume*||DuraLock & DuraTab||MH2848|
|Round 10" to 18" - See note 2||1 inch||100 feet||1″ larger than ID||Inner – .014″ Aluminum Outer – .018″ Galvanized||DuraLock||MH2848|
|Round 20″ to 30″ (USA) See note 2||1 inch||100 feet||1″ larger than ID||Inner – .023″ Aluminum Outer – .018″ Galvanized||DuraLock||MH2848|
|Round 20″ to 24″ (CAN) See note 2||1 inch||100 feet||1″ larger than ID||Inner – .023″ Aluminum Outer – .018″ Galvanized||DuraLock||MH2848|
|Round 26″ to 30″ (CAN) See note 2||2 inch||100 feet||1″ larger than ID||Inner – .023″ Aluminum Outer – .018″ Galvanized||DuraLock||MH2848|
|Oval Type B Gas Vent 4″ and 5″||1 inch - See Note 5||See Note 3||4": 2 1/2″ x 7 1/4″ or 5": 3 1/8″ x 10 7/8″||Inner – .012″ Aluminum Outer – .018″ Galvanized||DuraLock||MH2848|
|Oval Type B Vent 6″||1 inch - See Note 5||See Note 3||3 1/4″ x 12″||Inner – .012″ Aluminum Outer – .018″ Galvanized||DuraLock||MH2848|
|DuraConnect I Flex 3″ and 4″||1 inch||See Note 4||NA||.012″ Aluminum Flexible .018″ Galvalume Fittings||DuraLock & DuraTab||MH17667|
|DuraConnect II Flex 3″ to 5″||1 inch||See Note 4||1/4″ larger than ID||.006″ 2 Ply Aluminum Flex .018″ Galvalume Fittings||DuraLock & DuraTab||MH17667|
*In Canada, the outer tube material is galvalume for 3″ to 8″ pipe length. All other 3″ to 8″ fittings have a galvanized outer tube.
Notes: Gas Vent Specification Chart
- Clearance to combustibles is the air space between vent and combustibles.
- For maximum height refer to the appliance manufacturer installation instructions and the National Fuel Gas Code NFPA 54 or the Canadian Fuel Gas Installation Code CSA-149.1-00. For taller applications refer to DuraVent Sizing Handbook.
- When oval is used on wall furnaces, minimum height required from bottom of furnace to cap is 12′, minimum 16″ stud space.
- Limited by sizing tables.
- BVO 4″ & 5″ oval can be installed in a 2″ x 4″or a 2″ x 6″ stud wall. BVO 6″ oval can be installed in a 2″ x 6″ stud wall.